By Indraneil Das
South-East Asia is domestic to 1 of the main assorted reptilian populations in the world and is readily turning into some of the most vital ecotourism locations on the earth. A box advisor to the Reptiles of South-East Asia is the 1st complete advisor to the snakes, lizards, crocodiles, tortoises, and turtles of the region.
protecting a couple of thousand species and subspecies in thorough element, this box advisor presents authoritative, up to date info on id, habitat, habit, subspecies, distribution, and standing. It additionally explains the habit and morphology of reptiles, in addition to how you can degree and determine species in accordance with scale counts and different anatomical features.
This consultant is vital analyzing for someone attracted to the flora and fauna of South-East Asia--wildlife fans, scholars, conservation planners, and experts alike.
Read Online or Download A Field Guide to the Reptiles of South-East Asia PDF
Best zoology books
This edited quantity files the presence and kinds of Nature discourse that emerge in the course of conflicts among humans over natural world. This choice of qualitative case stories demonstrates how social teams create opposing symbolic meanings of Nature and highlights the best way the winning imposition of these meanings impacts natural world, humans more often than not, and administration pros.
American flora and fauna biologists first begun becoming animals with radio transmitters within the Nineteen Fifties. through the Eighties the perform had confirmed so precious to scientists and nonscientists alike that it grew to become international. stressed out desolate tract is the 1st book-length research of the foundation, evolution, use, and effect of those now-commonplace monitoring applied sciences.
Provides new details at the mutual interplay of skeletal muscle fibers and motoneurons in any respect degrees, from the physiological to the molecular. Covers genetic, physiological, and hormonal components affecting skeletal muscle improvement, regulate of acetylcholine receptor gene expression, choice and association of motoneurons, and remodelling and refinement of synaptic inputs below the impact of muscle-derived development components.
- The Territorial Imperative
- Freshwater Mussels of Florida
- Ethnoprimatology: Primate Conservation in the 21st Century
- Coastal fishes of Southern Africa
- The Ugly Animals: We Can't All Be Pandas
Additional info for A Field Guide to the Reptiles of South-East Asia
189. SVL 64mm Rostral horn present; gular scales tubercular; dorsal crest a low serrated ridge; dorsum brown with 3 broad, transverse yellow bands on body, anterior narrowest on shoulder, others descend to venter. 7. KINABALU CRESTED DRAGON Hypsicalotes kinabaluensis, p. 189. SVL 145mm Nuchal and dorsal crests separate, continuing to tail; gular pouch distinct in males; dorsal scales heterogenous; dorsum green with chocolate-brown and black spots forming bands; gular pouch pale red with black and white stripes in anterior margin.
4a) Male Gular pouch pale brown. (4b) Female Gular pouch dark. 5. SCALE-BELLIED SPINY LIZARD Acanthosaura lepidogaster, p. 179. SVL 111mm Nuchal crest comprises 6 conical scales; dorsal crest low, composed of subtriangular scales; dorsum bright green changeable to dark brown; indistinct diamond-shaped black mark on nape. (5a) Male Head and dorsum brighter. (5b) Female Head and dorsum paler. 6. NATALIA’S SPINY LIZARD Acanthosaura nataliae, p. 179. SVL 158mm No occipital spine above tympanum; nuchal and dorsal crests distinct, comprising lanceolate scales pointing posteriorly, separated from each other.
SHAN STATE BENT-TOED GECKO Cyrtodactylus chrysopylos, p. 207. SVL 79mm Dorsal surface with keeled tubercles in 16 rows; no precloacal groove and femoral pores; 10 precloacal pores; dorsum mottled purplish-brown with 6 chocolate-brown and pale orange bands. 5. PETERS’S BENT-TOED GECKO Cyrtodactylus consobrinus, p. 208. SVL 125mm Dorsal surface with tubercles in 18–20 irregular rows; 9–14 preanal scales forming narrow angular series. (5a) Adult Head and dorsum dark chocolate-brown; body with 4–8 transverse white or yellow bands; dark-edged intervening areas.
A Field Guide to the Reptiles of South-East Asia by Indraneil Das
- Read e-book online Risques, Technologies de lnformation pour les Pratiques PDF
- Hannele Niemi, Auli Toom, Arto Kallioniemi's Miracle of Education: The Principles and Practices of PDF